This program will design, develop, manufacture and commercialise new plastic materials and products that enable greater avoidance, reuse, recycling, decomposability and degradability. Subsequently, minimising waste production and creating new and profitable circular businesses, jobs and capabilities.
Priority areas of research interest identified by industry and end-users include:
- Bio-based plastics
- Easily recyclable plastics
- New plastics to infinite recyclability
- Malleable and recyclable thermosets
- Biodegradable and compostable plastics
- Plastics demonstration plant for circular economy